Wondering what to eat for breakfast when trying to lose weight? There are as many delicious breakfast options for weight loss as there are days on the calendar. You just have to be creative. The goal is to make breakfast a pleasant experience. After all, it is the start of your day!
If you want to lose weight, you probably think that giving up eating is the best solution. If so, then you are wrong. You shouldn’t skip a meal, let alone the first. In this article, we’ll give you the top six breakfast options to help you lose weight.
To reach your ideal size, you should eat a balanced meal or snack at least 5 times a day. Since breakfast is the first meal your body receives after many hours of sleep, it is extremely important.
Breakfast is the part of food that gives you the energy you need for your daily routine. During the night your sugar levels drop and your body wakes up empty and tired.
A good breakfast, therefore, helps to keep your body healthy. That’s why we’re going to discuss various healthy breakfast options with you today.
What to Eat For Breakfast When Trying to Lose Weight?
Breakfast options to kick-start your metabolism
Eating early will help speed up your metabolism. In this way, you burn fat and you lose weight in a natural and fast way.
So if you’re trying to lose weight, don’t skip breakfast. There are other reasons you should also keep in mind:
- If you don’t eat breakfast, your metabolism will work slowly. It protects the leftover energy that you have from the previous day. It will then store the fat that will make you gain weight.
- The same thing happens if you wait too long before eating, you increase your body’s response to insulin, which causes your body to store more fat and make you gain weight.
- If you eat breakfast, you will not feel restless during the day. This is because you will not feel the need to overeat. If you skip breakfast, you want to eat a lot and you can’t control it. This can lead to choosing unhealthy snacks.
The best breakfast options have more protein
A breakfast that helps you lose weight should contain all three macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats). You should definitely not forget the proteins! Eating protein makes you feel full for longer while keeping you busy with daily activities. A cereal-only breakfast or a standard breakfast, which usually only contains carbohydrates and fats, will only keep you feeling full for a short while. You will then eat a lot more later in the day.
The basic rules for a healthy breakfast
Here we are going to give you six basic rules for a healthy breakfast. They’re not complicated, but when it comes to losing weight quickly, despair can make you make bad decisions.
- Add at least 8 grams of fiber. Breakfast should help you lose weight, not gain weight. For this, you have to choose foods that contain fiber. That way you will feel full until snack time or lunch. Fiber is digested slowly so you don’t feel like you have to eat.
- Avoid eating refined carbohydrates. You can substitute whole grains for whole grains, but if you want to lose weight quickly, opt for the fiber from fruit instead.
- You should have breakfast no more than an hour after waking up.
- Add more protein and less sugar.
- Breakfast should be a powerful start to the day, but you shouldn’t overeat. It should have a maximum of 350 calories.
- So never skip breakfast.
The 6 Best Breakfast Options for Weight Loss
1 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread with sugar-free jam
- A piece of fruit: it can be a kiwi, peach, or a handful of strawberries
- Scrambled eggs
- Fat-free yogurt with whole grains
- A piece of fruit: an apple or a small banana
- 1 cup of coffee with milk
- 3 biscuits of your choice
- Whole wheat toast with a boiled egg
- Chia seeds
- 1 cup of coffee with skim milk
- A boiled egg
- 50 grams of avocado (1 slice)
- Chia seeds
- 1 slice of whole-wheat bread
- Tomato cut into slices
- 1/2 glass of low-fat milk
- 1 slice of rye bread
- 40 grams of unsalted cheese (2 slices)
- Spinach leaves
- 1 cup peach pieces
- 1/2 glass of low-fat milk
- A whole-grain sandwich
- 1 cup of cayenne pepper tea with honey
- 1 slice of ham
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1 glass of grapefruit juice
- Avocado, diced (to taste)
So these examples can be a guide for you to plan a healthy breakfast. Make sure your breakfast includes foods rich in fiber and nutrients. You can add oats, nuts, and green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, and watercress.
Helpful products for the best breakfast options
- Whole Wheat Bread: The fiber in this food will give you a lot of energy and you will feel full.
- Eggs: contain high protein content and healthy fats that serve as an energy source.
- Fruit: Fruit contains all the vitamins and minerals you need to start the day full of energy. In addition, it is composed of natural sugars that can be a substitute for sweets.
There are as many delicious breakfast options for weight loss as there are days on the calendar. You just have to be creative. The goal is to make breakfast a pleasant experience. After all, it is the start of your day!
What to Eat For Breakfast When Trying to Lose Weight? by Jack Michael